SJMIS is seeking applications from secondary teachers in the areas of English, mathematics, social studies, and IT, and elementary generalists to commence work in August.
Preferred applicants will possess a teaching qualification which permits them to teach in regular secondary or elementary schools in the UK, Canada, Australia, USA, New Zealand or South Africa. Newly qualified teachers will also be considered.
POSITION DETAILS and the APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications will only be read if the email’s subject is ‘AY2018-2019 (SUBJECT) teacher’.
2 Native English speaking elementary homeroom teachers 1 Native English speaking elementary reading specialist
1 Native English speaking secondary English teacher 1 Native/Non-Native secondary social studies teacher 1 Native/Non-Native secondary mathematics teacher 1 Native/Non-Native secondary IT teacher
–NOTE: All non-native speakers must provide TOEIC scores of 800 or higher.
– MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Preparation of all lessons using UBD Principles and templates, use of student-centered teaching methods and research-based classroom practices, holding high academic standards for students, and pastoral care of students while on campus.
– QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Education in your subject or equivalent post graduate qualification OR a bachelor degree related to your subject WITH a post graduate education qualification (Dip. Ed., PGCE, teaching license).
– EXPERIENCE: Preference will be given to applicants who have previously taught students in a school in a western country.
Successful applicants will receive a remuneration package that includes a combined salary & living allowance of up to 67,000 baht/month, accident insurance, substantial tuition discounts for dependent children of our teaching staff, and paid holidays during summer break, October, Christmas, and April.
Salary increments depending on meeting of professional development goals, outstanding performance, and exceptionally well-coordinated activities are given annually.
All appointments will be for a period of two years beginning in August, 2018.
Applications should be sent directly to email@example.com
NOTE: If applications do not have the following information they will not be considered:
1) Applications will only be read if the email’s subject is ‘AY2018-2019 (SUBJECT) teacher’.
2) A short introductory email
3) Your recently updated CV that includes the name, job title, current place of employment and email contact details of three professional referees. They will not be contacted until after interviews have occurred.
4) A recent photograph
5) A scan of your passport’s photo page
We will contact shortlisted candidates for Skype interviews.
About Saint John Mary International School
Saint John Mary International School (SJMIS) is a small international school in Saraburi Province. We are a private, co-educational institution offering an English curriculum to both day and boarding students on our well-equipped and spacious campus located 100 kilometers north of Bangkok.
We serve students from Pre-K through grade 12 following the American Common Core State Standards, and monitor student achievement with twice-yearly MAP testing in the areas of Mathematics, Reading, and Language Usage. We are fully WASC accredited, and work throughout the academic divisions to produce students who embody the School-Wide Learning Results set forth by our board.