Berkeley House Language Center – English Language Teacher Position
- Start Date: March 2018, April 2018
- Work Schedule: 25-32 teaching hours / week
- Students: Young language learners (Jr. High / High School, Colleges / Universities) and adults (business English and general English)
- Classes: one-to-one, semi private, group lessons
- Training: up to twenty hours initial training is required for all Berkeley House teachers.
- Qualification: The ideal candidate will
– Understand English grammar and sentence structure
– Possess a four-year degree from an accredited university (CELTA, TESOL, TESL/TEFL or teaching certificate is plus, and MA/MS in those fields above is preferred)
– Have at least two years experience teaching non-native speakers of English
- Application Process: Please submit the following materials
1. Current CV
2. Cover letter (please indicate where you saw the job posting)
3. Berkeley House Employment Application Forms (1 and 2)
*You will find application form 1 and 2 through our website.
Only applicants who submit all documents and pass the initial screening will be contacted. The application process consists of in-person or Skype interviews with the HR Manager, Program Manager, Department Manager, and possibly company President. Candidates will also be asked to present a 30-minute teaching demonstration.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Berkeley House Language Center
We provide top-notch foreign language education to a large number of Japan's blue-chip corporations, government agencies, schools and private individuals. We are looking for instructors to teach English, Spanish, French, Russian, Turkish, Malay, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Thai, Chinese, Lao, Indonesian and Khmer for intensive courses held in Tohoku, Kanto, Shinetsu and Kansai areas in Japan.