1) Applications will only be read if the email’s subject is ‘Secondary Science teacher’.
2) Position Details:
– MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Teaching Chemistry to one class of Year 11students and General Science to four classes of Year 7. Our students have varying English abilities.
– QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Education (specialising in Secondary Science) or equivalent post graduate qualification OR a bachelor degree related to Science WITH a post graduate education qualification (Dip. Ed., PGCE etc). The successful applicant will be qualified to teach Science to secondary school students in western countries.
– START DATE: The successful applicant should be available to commence work on 1st August.
3) The initial contracts will be until March, 2020. If both parties agree, an additional twelve month contract will be offered from that time.
4) All teachers teach for approximately 18 hours per week.
5) Class sizes are a maximum of 25 students for all Year Levels (Lower Secondary classes have approximately 14-20 students).
6) Successful applicants will receive 90,000 baht/month (combined salary & living allowance), health insurance and paid holidays.
7) APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS:
– Applications should be sent directly to – firstname.lastname@example.org
– NOTE: If applications do not have the following information they will not be considered:
i) The email’s subject must be ‘Secondary Science teacher’.
ii) A short introductory email
iii) Your CV (including the name, job title and email contact details of three professional referees. They will not be contacted until after interviews have occurred.)
iv) A recent photograph
v) A scan of your passport’s photo page
– We will send an extensive Information Package to short listed applicants only (* we may keep others on file for future openings *).
– Interviews: all interviews will be done by Skype (or similar) regardless of the applicant’s location. Local applicants may be invited to look at the school campus later in the application process.
8) For further information about our school please look at our website (www.acep.ac.th), Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ACEPschool) or watch an 11 minute video introduction to ACEP (https://youtu.be/tXehNlUyK78).
*** ACEP accepts applications sent by email ONLY. We do not accept ‘drop-in’ applicants at any time ***
About Assumption College English Program, Rama II Campus
ACEP is a Thai-bilingual, co-educational school for primary and secondary school students. The subjects that ACEP students learn with foreign teachers include English, Mathematics, Science, Physical Education/Health and Computers.
After operating an English Program within Assumption College’s primary and secondary school campuses since 2002, the purpose built ACEP campus was opened in March 2012.
In its founding year ACEP educated just 255 students in Years 1, 4, 7 and 10 only. The school now educates approximately 900 students in Year 1-12 classes.
Our school is built on 36 hectares of land, approximately 30 kilometres south-west of the city centre, on Rama II Road. Teachers are provided with transport to and from the campus each day. The enormous land area, modern architecture and school’s focus on technology combine to create an ideal environment for students to learn and for teachers to work.