About Wall Street English
Why Wall Street English?
With centres in 29 different countries across 4 continents, WSE is a trusted and well-established institution for both teachers and learners.
WSE offers our adult students a variety of classes to help them reach their goals. Our core classes have only a maximum of 5 students, allowing for a comfortable, fun, and engaging experience for both students and teachers. Our instructors use pre-planned digital (tablet-based) lesson material, so there is minimum lesson preparation needed.
Yet, Social Classes are devised by the teacher, offering the opportunity to deliver a lesson born from your personal teaching style, interests and creativity.
To maintain our high standards, we provide our teachers with training as soon as they are onboarded, and ongoing professional development.
Our centres are modern and quite lively as many of our students spend a great deal of their free time there. You'll be working closely with both ex-pat and local staff. Our strong sense of community is one thing that makes us unique from other institutions. Check out what our centres are like from our Facebook page:
Myanmar is home to many special vacation spots including the ancient city of Bagan, white sandy beaches of Ngapali, and the mountains in Shan state. Lazing by the beach, trekking around orchards in the cool Shan hills, and exploring ancient Buddhist temples are only some of the many attractions around the country. As a primarily Buddhist nation, there are festivals throughout the year showcasing a variety of traditions from over 100 different ethnic groups.
Yangon, the largest city, is equally fascinating. Colonial buildings provide a beautifully gritty backdrop to scenes of bustling open air markets, vibrant traditional clothing, and an ever changing landscape being shaped by modern development.
Yangon also has a low-cost of living. Check out this article on affordable living here:
Want to apply?
If you are interested in pursuing a new and exciting chapter in your teaching career, or adding a stamp of a relatively untouched country to your passport, then we want to hear from you. Please send your cover letter and CV to Shannon at email@example.com
Due to a high number of applicants, we would like to ask you to include the reasons why you would like to work for Wall Street English in Myanmar in your cover letter, and if your application meets or exceeds our requirements, expect to hear from us shortly! We look forward to hearing from you!
What we ask for:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any subject
- CELTA or equivalent TEFL course
- Former TEFL experience is preferred
What we offer:
- Monthly salary of 1,700 USD paid in local currency
- Maximum 30 contact hours per week
- Housing allowance of 500,000 MMK (approximately 330 USD)
- Assistance to find an apartment
- One year contract and 700 USD bonus after contract completion
- Additional 300 USD for second year re-sign
- Company-sponsored one-year work-visa
- Medical insurance for in-patient care
- 15 days paid hotel stay on arrival
- Airport pickup and SIM card
- 10 days of annual leave, plus a minimum of 12 days for national holidays
- Ongoing training and professional support